Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Cakes, cakes and more cakes

Just a quick image of the cake I made for my boss for his b-day.


A chocolate cake doused in a Frangelico syrup and covered with a ganache glaze. Add some white chocolate shavings and a pretty nasturtium and you've got it made.

Not the best pic. but it will do.

In the past month, I have made four cakes. I actually have to make another cake soon for my friend Stephen's birthday. This always happens when I buy chocolate. I want to make cakes, baked goods, ganache, anything to play with it. A few days ago I made a hot chocolate, spicing it with crushed fennel seeds, a dried chile, a vanilla pod and cardamom.

I'm actually thinking of maybe selling my cakes. I have flirted with catering before, but it never got off the ground. Suggestions?

2 Comments:

At 3:28 PM, Blogger Charlie said...

your boss should promote you.
looks lovely!

 
At 11:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did the hot chocolate turn out?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home